Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm now 20. What's the normal blood pressure for a guy my age?

I'm now 20. What's the normal blood pressure for a guy my age?
It depends on where you live
Normal would be 120/80 or a little lower.
standard is 120/80
don't know. I would speak to a doctor or a nurse
Normal < 120 and < 80
Prehypertension 120-139 or 80-89

*^_^*
It's very important that you ask this question of your doctor. The reason is that blood pressure has to be evaluated in the context of other health factors. There is an effort under way to examine the 120/80 guideline. Your doctor would have the most up-to-date information as to where that stands. He, and only he, would be able to tell you whether your blood pressure -- combined with other health factors -- indicates a problem or an incipient problem. Here's an article on the subject that calls into questions the 120/80 guidelines.
120/80
I recommend eating tons of cheese to aquire a healthy heart.
There is a normal range. 110/60-120/80 is considered normal. You may be even lower which is better than higher. Standards have changed. Personally, I run 90/40 but this is normal for me. Treat the patient and not the monitor. Your blood pressure will fluctuate. No one can have a constant blood pressure. It will naturally go up with rigorous activity and be at its lowest when you first wake up. Have a nice day.
Mr-luay is correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment