Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm taking the antibiotic Leviquin...?

I take it once a day (750mg) around noon. Would it do me harm or reduce the impact of my medication if I had a beer or 2 around 11p.m? I normally don't think it's a good idea to do this, but I was wondering what the effect on me would be.I'm taking the antibiotic Leviquin...?
generally when you are taking antibiotics you should not consume alcohol. The alcohol lessens the effect of the antibiotic on your system. mixing alcohol and antibiotics is not goin to have an effect like it would if you were mixing with pain killers insted, the condition for which you have been prescribe antibiotics may not be treated as effectively.
Ask your Pharmacist.
They say that alcohol lessens the effect of antibiotics...but I really don't think one beer(assuming its not a 32 oz glass) will have much impact. If you are really concerned call the doctor who prescribed you the antibiotic and ask.
Below extracted from site on Levaquin.Click on the link below to learn more. Take care.
Other Interactions
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.

No comments:

Post a Comment