Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm sick but should I go to tennis?

I'm homeschooled but I do tennis at the local public school. I'm on the C team so I'm not that important to the team. I've been sick for a week and a half and it almost turned into pneamonia but now I'm getting better and I can tell because I keep sneezing and my nose is slowly clearing up and I feel a lot better and my throat doesnt really hurt anymore and I'm just coughing a little bit. Do you think its ok for me to go to tennis today(which is outdoors). Or should I skip for today?I'm sick but should I go to tennis?
It sounds a bit too soon for that kind of exercise just yet. It's true that exercise is good for you and can aid recovery, but if you have been as sick as you say, then I would have thought a bit of fresh air - maybe a short walk a couple of times a day - would be better.
If you overdo it by going to tennis, then you're going to put your recovery back and in the long run will be sicker for longer.
Excersie is the best thing to do when you sick or at least try to cause if you not puking your brains out it helps. Plus lots of water
Give your body time to completely heal, unless you won't to prolong it's healing. Being sick for a week can well, suck. So if you need to get out, go for a walk, a drive but try and rest and get plenty of water, don't skip meals and you'll be better in no time. Oh and ready to play plenty of tennis!
Even though fresh air is good, too much activity after being really sick can make you worse off. I would skip it, you need to be fully healed, drink lots of water. Play when you feel completely better.
listen to your body
gordon is right --
exercise could be wise
but bed rest and liquids could be what you need
(it's only spring -- you have lots of tennis coming)
be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment